Sunday, March 15, 2009

Back After A Not So Brief Break.

So I'm back into training hard for the first time in a while. 

It took about a month of getting acclimated to the work schedule and getting my workouts in around my 10 hour work day, but I finally figured it out and am making it work.

To keep it brief, I'm swimming 5 times a week, 3,000 - 4,000 yards a session, cycling on my trainer, long rides on the weekends and at the gym when I can (they have have a race simulator... it's awesome,) and yesterday I ran for the first time since early December.  My knee felt great but like with my ankle injury, I'm a bit hesitant and my calf started hurting towards the end.

It made me realize that my fitness level dropped a lot in the time i took off... and it's tough not being able to do what i used to.  It's like starting over.  I HATE starting over.

Anyways... now that I'm back in the swing of things, i'll be updating more often!